Underground Fossils is run by Dimxsk and often by Trylemma, who is on a hip hop spiritual journey in the Himalayas and may not be back for a bit. Posts are every Friday, usually some quality old sh*t but sometimes promotional posts or "reviews". We do all we can to make sure we don't post stuff that (1) You can still reasonably buy from the artist directly, (2) You can reasonably buy secondhand for cheap, (3) You can download easily elsewhere, (4) The artist(s) asks us not to for any reason. Rips will include our own personal rips, old scene rips, and random web rips.

Friday, August 19, 2022

Souls of Mischief - Locus (20??)

 


 

I have a feeling this might be the one that gets our blog a nastygram. Souls of Mischief and Hiero are big name. When one of your members raps with the Gorillaz and has a hit every person in the developed world has heard, you can't really claim underground anymore, although they're indie as fuh and killin' it. For that reason I am not gonna even do a background on these folks. If you don't know the basics on Hiero you're definitely not reading my words on UGF. Plenty of info everywhere else.

That said, this particular gem is most definitely a fossil by definition. I currently own the only copy I'm aware of, and can find nothing about it online. I have to confess, while I like Hiero, and will acknowledge that "93 'til Infinity" is probably the best hip hop beat ever made, I'm not an uber fan by any definition. I picked this one up mainly to rip and share with you guys, because you're awesome.

So here it is. On one condition. You guys need to do some investigating and tell me what the hell this is. I know it's a "real" album because it's professionally made and on the opening track A-Plus mentions the name Locus. I believe these are exclusive songs, many of which are pretty dope ("What Do They Know") but if you know otherwise let me know (remember not a super fan so I don't own many of the solo projects). It's got something to do with Citizens of Humanity magazine / clothing line (?).

That's it. So promise not to download it if you don't plan to dig a bit. Honor system! One piece of candy per person and whatnot.


Enjoy Locus!


DOWNLOAD

 

 

4 comments:

  1. doing some research on this: it looks like it might have been included in the magazine? https://mag.citizensofhumanity.com/blog/2015/12/10/souls-of-mischief/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it was! https://www.discogs.com/release/19803961-Souls-Of-Mischief-Locus - the question is, why isn't this more known?

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://mag.citizensofhumanity.com/blog/2015/12/10/souls-of-mischief/

    ReplyDelete