Underground Fossils is run by Dimxsk and often by Trylemma, who is on a hip hop spiritual journey in the Himalayas and may not be back for a bit. Posts are every Friday, usually some quality old sh*t but sometimes promotional posts or "reviews". We do all we can to make sure we don't post stuff that (1) You can still reasonably buy from the artist directly, (2) You can reasonably buy secondhand for cheap, (3) You can download easily elsewhere, (4) The artist(s) asks us not to for any reason. Rips will include our own personal rips, old scene rips, and random web rips.

Friday, August 12, 2022

Joe Rath - He Meant Well (200?)


 
 
Beyond Space Entertainment gave us a lot of great albums and compilations, from the art rap stylings of early anticon. affiliates to the undeniably unique and memorable Mac Lethal (yeah I know he's not doing himself any favors online and his fan base has been known to suck at life, but before his personality got in the way his old shit was good and you know it).

 They also gave us some of this dudes music and I thank them for that as well.

As usual I don't know much about Joe Rath. Not where he comes from, not what he's up to now, not how many albums he came out with. I started listening to him when a seller I respect on Discogs asked for a rip of his work. I got the album and ripped it because I knew I'd enjoy it and I was right. The dude in question gave me this as a thank you.

Anyway. Imagine the aforementioned idol for angry white kids with a bit more introspection and a lot less emphasis on relationship woes and have him rap dark poetic imagery a la Aamir and you have Joe Rath.

I'd like to flesh out my knowledge of this guy. I'd love album art, other albums, background info whatever. I don't care that he's probably retired. He's damn good and I'd be thrilled to hear more of his work.

Also again, forgive me for not responding to comments. I can't get it to work. I keep meaning to research the reason. But I sincerely appreciate and do read every comment, and if there's a response requested I will hit you up via CBox. With Trylemma on the run I mean hiatus it's not as much fun to do this shit solo. So it's cool to know I'm not just farting in the wind. At the moment. Don't knock it 'til you try it.


Anyway enjoy He Meant Well because apparently he did and so do I!


DOWNLOAD

 


No comments:

Post a Comment