Underground Fossils is run by Dimxsk and often by Trylemma, who is on a hip hop spiritual journey in the Himalayas and may not be back for a bit. Posts are every Friday, usually some quality old sh*t but sometimes promotional posts or "reviews". We do all we can to make sure we don't post stuff that (1) You can still reasonably buy from the artist directly, (2) You can reasonably buy secondhand for cheap, (3) You can download easily elsewhere, (4) The artist(s) asks us not to for any reason. Rips will include our own personal rips, old scene rips, and random web rips.

Tuesday, September 14, 2021

A.Hymnz - Second World (2013)

 

 

Just gonna crank out a nice and simple download post this Tuesday. My Monday night is looking crazy. So I did a quick search and was rather surprised and saddened to see that this indie rap gem, Second World by A.Hymnz out of the King City area of CA is no longer up for download anywhere. That may be because the artist doesn't like it, but I'm hoping it's just a simple oversight (or maybe a result of that inexplicable rift that split New Cocoon up around 2015) and that he wouldn't mind if I gave folks a quick reminder of the cool stuff he was getting done back in the 10's.

I can see not everyone loved this one (RYM... there's a familiar face there as well) BUT I do and I can tell you why. A.Hymnz has an incredibly unique voice that keeps things interesting. The production is top notch melodic folky electronica (pretty much exactly what I think you all know I go for at this point). And the roster of guest spots is crazy and ranges from fellow NorCal emcee and producer Variex (who produced Hymnz first official release which IS still available here and there) to 2Mex and even as far as Belgium's resident folk rap weirdo Nomad.

I happen to know A.Hymnz is personally very cool as well. Seems like he swapped music for painting these past few years (he's also very very good at that) after a serious health scare but like I said above, this, his only full length solo album I know of is great and deserves to be preserved.

That said, if you are him and don't want this out there please let me know. And if you have his very very first release Carpe Diem then I'd be stoked to get that one no doubt... LMK!


DOWNLOAD

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment