Underground Fossils is run by Dimxsk and often by Trylemma, who is on a hip hop spiritual journey in the Himalayas and may not be back for a bit. Posts are every Friday, usually some quality old sh*t but sometimes promotional posts or "reviews". We do all we can to make sure we don't post stuff that (1) You can still reasonably buy from the artist directly, (2) You can reasonably buy secondhand for cheap, (3) You can download easily elsewhere, (4) The artist(s) asks us not to for any reason. Rips will include our own personal rips, old scene rips, and random web rips.

Friday, June 11, 2021

Soulcrate Music - From the Neck Up (2003)

 


 

And now for something completely different. I wonder how many of you are old enough to get that reference. I barely am lol.

For today we have the debut "album" by Soulcrate Music, the group most likely best known to you for their brief tenure as a Black Clover Records act before Mac Lethal went wherever the hell he went that can explain some of what I've heard about the guy. I don't care about social media I care about music (and not being a dick and I dunno about that one here lately) so I haven't had much reason to think about Mac in a while*. Trylemma fills me in though and S..M..H..

Anyways, this album has a liner note expressing the groups desire to remind everyone that hip hop is "alive and breathing in Sioux Falls" or something to that effect. I don't think much else is alive out there so good for South Dakota rap then. I haven't actually heard this album yet but I do respect Soulcrate based on everything else they've done for their competent songwriting, catchy vocals (along with the occasional clever line) and sometimes dope production.

They're not favorites of mine, but the brothers Eisenhauer are certainly fun to listen to and this is a seriously rare collection of some of their earliest material. I didn't even know this existed until recently, and I was fortunate enough to snatch it up on Discogs and immediately ripped it to share with ya'll because you know I got you.

Enjoy From the Neck Up!

 

DOWNLOAD

 

 *Wow so Mac just released an album again, just in time to make me look foolish. Oh well.

**And amusingly enough it took an Australian to point out that Sioux Falls is in South Dakota. I did actually know that, and the mixup comes from a lack of sleep and lack of attentiveness. Which is why I have you guys. 

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard Soulcrate for ages! I thought they came from South Dakota?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you are actually correct. I wrote this in a hurry. I will correct immediately and hope no one else noticed.

      Delete