Underground Fossils is run by Dimxsk and often by Trylemma, who is on a hip hop spiritual journey in the Himalayas and may not be back for a bit. Posts are every Friday, usually some quality old sh*t but sometimes promotional posts or "reviews". We do all we can to make sure we don't post stuff that (1) You can still reasonably buy from the artist directly, (2) You can reasonably buy secondhand for cheap, (3) You can download easily elsewhere, (4) The artist(s) asks us not to for any reason. Rips will include our own personal rips, old scene rips, and random web rips.

Tuesday, April 13, 2021

New Music: Blakwulf - Fangs / Nails

 


 

First things first, I want to draw everyone's attention to the fantastic original artwork by Trylemma's partner that we're now featuring at UGF. Very dope and fun so thanks to her for that!


Now, for this week I was lucky enough to intercept an email regarding the rapper formerly known as Summon of Dead Seagull Medicine and New Cocoon, formerly also known as Marxman 45. I actually had the very real pleasure of opening for this man in Fresno a few years back when I was dabbling in rapping myself (maybe some day I'll post some of it here) and I want to do whatever I can to support his work as he was a decent, talented weirdo who didn't have to put me on the flyer but practically insisted on it.

The email in question basically announces his new moniker and his intention to release music with every new moon. In this day and age every artist is doing these "live" album releases but this is a new one for me.

Anyway for those who don't know, Blakwulf is a shamanistic goth hop rapper who's lyrics invoke animism, magik and arcane spirituality in a dizzying spectacle of strangeness and dopeness. Imagine Oldominion on Ambien and you may come close to understanding his very unusual approach to rapping.

So I haven't had a chance to listen to this one yet, but as I said since I know this dude is cool as f*ck and talented to boot, I wanted to give him some promotion. And maybe Friday if I can find it I'll upload this tour CDr he was selling at the show that contains a few unreleased tracks of his!

Get Fangs & Nails here and if you haven't heard it before be sure to check out some of his earlier work as Summon here.


See ya'll Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Ah damn, I was just thinking of Summon too and what happened to him. Good to see he's still at it!

    ReplyDelete