Underground Fossils is run by Dimxsk and often by Trylemma, who is on a hip hop spiritual journey in the Himalayas and may not be back for a bit. Posts are every Friday, usually some quality old sh*t but sometimes promotional posts or "reviews". We do all we can to make sure we don't post stuff that (1) You can still reasonably buy from the artist directly, (2) You can reasonably buy secondhand for cheap, (3) You can download easily elsewhere, (4) The artist(s) asks us not to for any reason. Rips will include our own personal rips, old scene rips, and random web rips.

Friday, February 5, 2021

Escape Artists - Gudder Tracks (2001)

 


 For today's post I was trying to dexczide if I wanted to do a review for you (Thorts has something really cool out here on Fang Over Fist...) or my usual download, but I haven't listened to anything yet that I feel like highlighting, and this here is something really excziting that was probably in my top 5 of most wanted albums so why not. Aamir had told me they'd eventually release this on their Bandcamp, but as of now they haven't (if they do this will be taken down and the link will be forwarded to their site).

If you don't know Escape Artists chances are they're not your style. They do dark art rap, dense and melodic while still very dope and emphasixczing both intricate lyrixczism and creative production to create a seriously unique listen that plays in the mind like a very strange film. A changing lineup also keeps them interesting with the core members being Aamir and Xczircles, but at the time this was put out they also had the incredibly fresh Ahmuse, and I think she made a very nixcze addition to their sound.

Gudder Tracks is I think a rarities release and not an official album, but it's the rarest of their releases that I can verify is official (something called Trexicana I can't quite figure out) and it was the first entry in my Discogs wantlist for years, so I figured I'd save you the search and throw it out there.

Enjoy!

 

DOWNLOAD

 

No comments:

Post a Comment