Underground Fossils is run by Dimxsk and often by Trylemma, who is on a hip hop spiritual journey in the Himalayas and may not be back for a bit. Posts are every Friday, usually some quality old sh*t but sometimes promotional posts or "reviews". We do all we can to make sure we don't post stuff that (1) You can still reasonably buy from the artist directly, (2) You can reasonably buy secondhand for cheap, (3) You can download easily elsewhere, (4) The artist(s) asks us not to for any reason. Rips will include our own personal rips, old scene rips, and random web rips.

Friday, July 5, 2019

6 Months! Three rare EPs from Ape9, a Knowskills mixtape and a full rip of Crackbeat Society's The Cracker

Ape9 - Astronauts, Humble Gods & Malaki




First things first, we have three EPs from Colorado's Ape9 (aka James Vega). Called Humble Gods, Astronauts and Malaki, they came to me out of order without album art or year released so I don't know much about them. Please do drop a note or comment if you have art or information. According to Trylemma, they were made in high school, and I believe him as we are definitely hearing a younger Ape9 on these tracks. That being said, they're pretty good. Enjoy!




The Motherfucking Jizclot (Knowskills) - 60 Minutes of Hate




Next we have something special, a mixtape curated by Knowskills of Beat Comber (Saskatoon) fame. This contains a wide variety of 90's and indie rap with a clear preference for the more raw and gritty styles (old pre-emo Cage and Third Sight for example). Trylemma found this cassette along with a few more rare joints, and I ripped it. It's a good selection of tracks, mixed well and could definitely serve as a soundtrack for your Summer BBQs, so long as you're friends don't mind listening to someone calling themselves The Motherfucking Jizclot.

Anyway enjoy!




Crackbeat Society - The Cracker




No fan of Canadian rap can be satisfied with their collection without Crackbeat's full length effort The Cracker. Recorded in a dorm room, and consisting of all kinds of weirdos like Josh Martinez, Jesse Dangerously, Kunga219, Gordski and Moves, The Cracker managed to bring together all manner of talent, run with a general theme of humorous mayhem and make it sound dope. Trylemma informs me that a scene rip of this exists, but that it's only 8 tracks. This version is the full* 14 tracks plus outro, this is a rip of my copy of the cassette. Put it on and reflect how far each of these voices have come. A must have for sure.




So it's been a fun half a year, and there's still more to come. I've got several more interesting fossils I've been holding back for the right time, and Trylemma has even more. So keep visiting every Wednesday and Friday for reviews and free music, and thanks again for the interest! Enjoy the summer!


*Disclaimer: The number one smash hit "Who's Tony?", while listed in the liner notes, is regrettably missing from the actual cassette. I know, I almost demanded my money back...

8 comments:

  1. Huge thanks. That mixtape is crazy dope. Love your blog!

    I missed my chance to drop a request list, is it to late?
    I share it here anyways and see if you are willing/able to help me(or anyone reading this post) find these requests:

    HalfwayHouse Mcees – Foreword Lateral (199x?)

    Knot Tight Ensemble – As Is (Album, 199x?)

    Da Other Asiatics – Demo (EP, 1994)

    Twisted Spirits – Wet Dreams (EP, 1994)

    Roundtable Mcs – Universal Discussion (album, 1998)
    Serge Boogie – Eye Contact ( EP, 1998)
    Impakct – On The Corner (EP, 1998)
    Stil True – Stil True (Album, 1998)
    Absent Minded Immortal highlanders – Blood, Sweat & Tears (Album, 1998)
    Phorest Krukz – Sol Armageddon (Album, 1999)
    Space Invaders – Bar Codes (Album, 1999)
    The Basics – Success And You (EP, 1999)
    Intricate Dialect – Life of ID: Basement up (Album, 2000)
    Serge Boogie – Amotivation / Eye Contact (Album, 2000)
    Vigilante – Vigilante (Album, 2000)
    Ubnawkshis – Antikz Of The Ragged (Album, 2003)
    Stainless Steele & Dj Image – Mind State Of The Art (album, 2003)
    A Fresh Approach – Welcome To Cap City (Album, 2003)
    Plan: Be – Antiform (Album, 2003)
    Mind Inscription – In The Moment (Album, 2005)
    Recaall – A world Without Earth (Album, 2006)
    Endless Mic – Baby Genuises (Album, 2007)
    Curbside Philosophy – I guess That We've grown up (Album, 2007)
    Ivy League – The Brains EP (EP, 2009)
    Grand Collab – Trife Venom (EP, 2016)

    Thanks in Advance, feel free to share my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey man. When I said requests I was thinking more along the lines of single releases... it's okay, but for future reference and anyone else reading this, feel free to submit requests for one or a few albums via the contact form, but please no long lists in the comments.

      As it happens I've got that ReCaall for you though. I'll leave it on Mega for a few days so I can make sure you got it, then erase it to save my free space :-)

      Here you go man, and thanks for your interest!

      https://mega.nz/#!sAFjkATJ!IYaR5Sww4aLaKlp1s7tT-f4w8gLTsicdM2oMZstIaQM

      Delete
    2. Dimxsk, you think you can hit me with a link for the "Mind State Of The Art" album? I can't find that album for the life of me

      Delete
    3. Sorry Paul, I'm not even familiar with that, can't find it on discogs. Who's the artist?

      Delete
    4. Oh nevermind I see the one you mean. I don't have that, let me ask Trylemma.

      Delete
    5. Any chance you could re-up the Recaall album? Been looking for that one for ages now.

      Delete
  2. thanks man!
    Sorry for the big list, I didnt think that you would help me find more than 1-3 requests, but I thought that it would be bigger chance that that find something if I post a bigger list.
    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dope Blog bless forever 👀😊

    ReplyDelete