Underground Fossils is run by Dimxsk and often by Trylemma, who is on a hip hop spiritual journey in the Himalayas and may not be back for a bit. Posts are every Friday, usually some quality old sh*t but sometimes promotional posts or "reviews". We do all we can to make sure we don't post stuff that (1) You can still reasonably buy from the artist directly, (2) You can reasonably buy secondhand for cheap, (3) You can download easily elsewhere, (4) The artist(s) asks us not to for any reason. Rips will include our own personal rips, old scene rips, and random web rips.

Friday, April 15, 2022

Echelon - Echelon EP (2003)

 


 

Crazy awesome Friday to everyone! Thanks to the homie OpenMic, I can now offer the very much fossilized joint Echelon EP by Trust One and Mash 23. Trust One is to me the epitome of San Diego hip hop, together with Orko and his million and a half surnames of course. His production has made for some of my favorite releases of all time (Formula Abstract) and his rapping is unique enough to keep even the most jaded indie rap fan listening.

I don't know much about Mash 23, and to be honest I haven't even heard this one yet. We had a request a while back from Josh, which was the first time I'd even learned this existed. Thanks to the magic of the internet we now have it. Sadly no album art though. Wish he'd re-release this one on Bandcamp hint hint.

So we can all be surprised at how dope, trippy, enthralling and weird this is sure to be (keep in mind this is the scene Summon came up in lol).

Enjoy Echelon EP!


DOWNLOAD

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Trust ones 'dragon breath'track off introspects vol2 is the shiznit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He’s incredible. One of my favorites.

      Delete
  2. Wow!!!
    Thank you very much for Echelon! You are the best!
    I have been looking for it for Years!
    I am so happy!
    Thanks again !
    Long life for your blog guys!
    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank YOU for letting us know about this! It slipped right by me and I was buying like crazy off access at the time it dropped. No idea how that happened.

    ReplyDelete