Underground Fossils is run by Dimxsk and often by Trylemma, who is on a hip hop spiritual journey in the Himalayas and may not be back for a bit. Posts are every Friday, usually some quality old sh*t but sometimes promotional posts or "reviews". We do all we can to make sure we don't post stuff that (1) You can still reasonably buy from the artist directly, (2) You can reasonably buy secondhand for cheap, (3) You can download easily elsewhere, (4) The artist(s) asks us not to for any reason. Rips will include our own personal rips, old scene rips, and random web rips.

Friday, October 15, 2021

Weekend Science Experiment - The Binary Theorem (1999)

 


 

So as requested today we have Weekend Science Experiment's first album The Binary Theorem, originally released on cassette only in 1999. Weekend Science Experiment is the collaboration between the one and only Giovanni Marks fka Subtitle and producer Mum's the Word. Together they created a sound that fused Marks' laid back L.A. swagger with a more standard production style to create something that might appeal to those who find Marks' solo works to be a bit too strange and unpredictable to enjoy.

I like this album, but as I said before in some ways it's toned down Subtitle and I really listen to him for his off the wall creativity and personality behind the boards. But if you've ever wondered what he might sound like without the CREV here you go. That said, this is still a little weird...


Enjoy Binary Theorem, and if you're annoyed that I didn't upload both WSE albums the reason is I already struggle sometimes to come up with stuff to share and I want something to fall back on. Hit us up if you can't wait any longer.


DOWNLOAD

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for filling my request. As I have been listening to all of the Giovanni albums that I currently own, I think I can wait a bit longer for the follow-up WSE album. Thanks, again.

    ReplyDelete