Underground Fossils is run by Dimxsk and often by Trylemma, who is on a hip hop spiritual journey in the Himalayas and may not be back for a bit. Posts are every Friday, usually some quality old sh*t but sometimes promotional posts or "reviews". We do all we can to make sure we don't post stuff that (1) You can still reasonably buy from the artist directly, (2) You can reasonably buy secondhand for cheap, (3) You can download easily elsewhere, (4) The artist(s) asks us not to for any reason. Rips will include our own personal rips, old scene rips, and random web rips.

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Pedestrian - Songs of the Light Workers Local #168 (2005)





Whattup everyone! So Trylemma and I decided that, to split the week up a bit more evenly we're gonna do posts on Tuesdays and Fridays instead of Wednesdays and Fridays. You may have noticed the change in our header if you make a habit of scanning it every time you check in (lol). So this week at least I'm going to give myself a bit of a break and offer a download instead of a full blown article, I can't think of anything that works plus we got a request from a longtime visitor and I wanna hook him up as quickly as possible since he's come through for me in the past. So with that, we've got this album which came from another visitor, can't remember their name but BIG thanks if you're reading this!

Songs of the Light Workers Local #168 is a tour only CDr compilation by Anticon's own Pedestrian. A California native, Pedestrian eventually moved out to Maine, met Sole, Alias, all the rest, migrated back to the Golden State and the label was born. I grew up listening to Anticon, I know some people have... opinions about them but I liked a lot of their work (except for the stuff that gave me headaches and made me angry) and I know that Pedestrians apparent lack of solo material hides a fairly extensive involvement with that whole collective. This one is actually the longest album he ever did (at least that I know of), and consists of a ton of material, most of it unreleased. It features a few fellow Anticon members, some of the accapella and noise weirdness the label is well known for, but also a few real, actual and fairly dope songs.

So with that enjoy Songs of the Light Workers Local #168, and I'll be back in two weeks with another wordy review for ya'll. Thanks for your continued support, as always!



 

3 comments: