Underground Fossils is run by Dimxsk and often by Trylemma, who is on a hip hop spiritual journey in the Himalayas and may not be back for a bit. Posts are every Friday, usually some quality old sh*t but sometimes promotional posts or "reviews". We do all we can to make sure we don't post stuff that (1) You can still reasonably buy from the artist directly, (2) You can reasonably buy secondhand for cheap, (3) You can download easily elsewhere, (4) The artist(s) asks us not to for any reason. Rips will include our own personal rips, old scene rips, and random web rips.

Friday, March 13, 2020

Cypher Optics - The Cypher Optics EP (2004)





Who the heck is this? I have no clue. Nor do I remember how I came across this album, as I can find no reference to it anywhere. Cypher does have another EP with producer Freddie Joachim from 2006 which is still floating around, but this appears to be his first solo work, very underground if the album art is any indication.

I do remember enjoying this album a lot. The production is smooth, head-nodic samples and hard hitting drums, with clever rhymes and a refreshing style.

I'd love to know if this guys got anything else out there besides these two EPs. Discogs has a 12" from him, but aside from a feature or two that's all it appears he made. Anyone know anything? Whether you do or you don't, I expect you'll enjoy his self titled The Cypher Optics EP.

Thanks for listening, and once again stay safe out there.



2 comments:

  1. This was supposed to post yesterday morning, I'm positive I scheduled it that way. So this is Friday's post, we'll be back Wednesday, sorry for the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he had another cd out called Sweet Vanilla Cancer. If you liked Elevator Music, then you would love this. Impossible to find a copy though. And My copy is all messed but my computer was able to salvage most of it. sharpshootratgmaildotcom. Hit me up ill shoot it.

    ReplyDelete