Underground Fossils is run by Dimxsk and often by Trylemma, who is on a hip hop spiritual journey in the Himalayas and may not be back for a bit. Posts are every Friday, usually some quality old sh*t but sometimes promotional posts or "reviews". We do all we can to make sure we don't post stuff that (1) You can still reasonably buy from the artist directly, (2) You can reasonably buy secondhand for cheap, (3) You can download easily elsewhere, (4) The artist(s) asks us not to for any reason. Rips will include our own personal rips, old scene rips, and random web rips.

Friday, January 17, 2020

Brad B - Brad B-Sides: Mixed by Pickster One (2008)





Well, I wasn't sure I'd get to write a review this week so I uploaded this dope offering, but I cranked out that Coolzey on the quick. So as a reward for not punching any of your coworkers this week (oh really... I’m sure they deserved it), here's a great mixtape from Drunken Immortal's / The Insects' / Blow-Up Co-Op's own Brad B mixed with style and grace by Pickster One (as it says in giant yellow letters above).

As far as I know this was released in anticipation of Drunken Immortal's last album to date, The Artist Lives. What I know without a doubt is that Brad B is an excellent rapper and his voice has a versatility that lends itself well to the genre bending aspects of many of his projects.

Brad B-Sides contains a trove of unreleased / rare material featuring many of his common collaborators, and also includes some of Pickster One's trademark mashups that are always superb. For fans of the rapper (I have everything he's put out that I know of and there're quite a few songs on here I'd never heard before) or new listeners, this mixtape is a great collection start to finish.

Check out Brad B-Sides: Mixed by Pickster One!



No comments:

Post a Comment