Underground Fossils is run by Dimxsk and often by Trylemma, who is on a hip hop spiritual journey in the Himalayas and may not be back for a bit. Posts are every Friday, usually some quality old sh*t but sometimes promotional posts or "reviews". We do all we can to make sure we don't post stuff that (1) You can still reasonably buy from the artist directly, (2) You can reasonably buy secondhand for cheap, (3) You can download easily elsewhere, (4) The artist(s) asks us not to for any reason. Rips will include our own personal rips, old scene rips, and random web rips.

Friday, September 27, 2019

Symbolic Fantasm - Foot in the Door (2000)



What is this? Can anyone tell me? I got it as a replacement for a CDr I ordered that hadn't withstood the ravages of time. It's exactly the type of release we concentrate on here at UGF, totally forgotten, mostly or totally unknown, but strangely interesting and worth preserving in digital form for the ages.

I have it on good authority (Discogs) that Symbolic Fantasm is Orbit and Snail with Thunkone on cuts and EOS on production. They are apparently from Sydney, Australia (thanks Jamie!). Foot in the Door is DIY sample based turntablist hip hop music. Garage grade mixing as well, but I happen to like this one.

Foot in the Door grew on me, it's a strange little disc and definitely worth a listen.

Hope you enjoy, and peace until next week!


5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Actually, we just got our hands on something insane from the Golden Age. Stay tuned...

      Delete
    2. Omg!!!! I am wait for this :))

      Delete
    3. these guys are from sydney australia

      Delete
    4. Awesome man thank you! My copy of this has changed hands a few times now, the guy I got it from didn't know any more than I do about it.

      Delete