Underground Fossils is run by Dimxsk and often by Trylemma, who is on a hip hop spiritual journey in the Himalayas and may not be back for a bit. Posts are every Friday, usually some quality old sh*t but sometimes promotional posts or "reviews". We do all we can to make sure we don't post stuff that (1) You can still reasonably buy from the artist directly, (2) You can reasonably buy secondhand for cheap, (3) You can download easily elsewhere, (4) The artist(s) asks us not to for any reason. Rips will include our own personal rips, old scene rips, and random web rips.

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Crowdfunding Love



Today I wanna quickly cover 3 exclusive (as in not available elsewhere) projects that you can get right now for a mere $1.00 (or more) on crowdfunding sources. 



The first is the "Offerings" EP from Gift of Gab via GoFundMe. Gift of Gab is currently raising funds for his kidney transplant and has offered up a new project to support the effort. Sucks to see so many rappers in the scene going through health issues right now. Shouts out to 2Mex and Fat Jack as well. Check the project HERE. 


Next up is Illmac's "Pay Tree" EP via Patreon (get it?) The EP is six tracks that you won't be able to hear elsewhere, fully produced by Chase Moore. Peep it HERE. 


Last up is Gepetto's "Shadows" EP via Patreon. Gepetto just jumped on the crowdfunding train this month and this exclusive EP, which revolves around the concept of, wait for it, shadows, is his welcome to the game. Check it HERE

Who are ya'll following on Patreon or elsewhere? 

6 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge fan of the crowdfunding movement, benefits for specific costs like Gift's kidney transplant excepted. I understand the appeal for artists but it's hard to keep track of all these exclusive releases, and it can add up trying to. Plus the only subscription I've done where I got everything promised was Peps song of the week. That was some of the best money I've ever spent on music though, no doubt. Plus a few years later I got my name on his new album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are the patreon ones a subscription? Like a dollar a month or can you do a one time payment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Subscription, but you can usually pay one month and download what you want then unsubscribe.

      Delete
  3. Got ya. I feel bad subscribing, downloading, and unsubscribing though. But also I always end up with too many subscriptions that end up hitting the old bank at the wrong time lol. I'm really not a fan of patreon I'd rather just pay ten bucks or whatever for the DL. Definitely gonna put in on tabs GoFundMe though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant "gabs go fund me" fuck auto correct

      Delete
    2. I know what you mean. Even when I've been paying for months and need to quit I feel bad, plus there's always the feeling in June that July's gonna bring something amazing lol.

      Delete