Underground Fossils is run by Dimxsk and often by Trylemma, who is on a hip hop spiritual journey in the Himalayas and may not be back for a bit. Posts are every Friday, usually some quality old sh*t but sometimes promotional posts or "reviews". We do all we can to make sure we don't post stuff that (1) You can still reasonably buy from the artist directly, (2) You can reasonably buy secondhand for cheap, (3) You can download easily elsewhere, (4) The artist(s) asks us not to for any reason. Rips will include our own personal rips, old scene rips, and random web rips.

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

New Music: Chief and TheDoomsdayDevice - Flux Populi


Thanks for your patience! Home from work now, tired but UGF must live on! And frankly I'm excited about this because from my first listen I'm as fresh as I was at 8 am this morning. We got a line on it from Th' Mole, who's beats grace this and grace it well. Flux Populi is Chief and TheDoomsdayDevice, coming out only on Fake Four Inc. on May 6th.

I'll just say this. Th' Mole is known for his off the wall personality and I think it may be off-putting to some people. But to be fair this guy can produce like crazy (and he's not a bad rapper either), and lately the material I've been hearing from his Weird Rap label is pretty much exactly what I look for in hip hop. This is no exception. Chief and TheDoomsdayDevice's (let's call him C&TDDD from now on) lyrical commentary on the modern world, politics, mental health, etc are perfectly backed by Th' Mole's relentless industrial barrage. The result is an unsettling dream in the form of music, and it is definitely worthy to come out on Fake Four Inc., my favorite label.

That's all I got. Time to crash!

 

Check back on Fake Four Inc. here on May 6th for a quick dose of something dope and interesting.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment