Underground Fossils is run by Dimxsk and often by Trylemma, who is on a hip hop spiritual journey in the Himalayas and may not be back for a bit. Posts are every Friday, usually some quality old sh*t but sometimes promotional posts or "reviews". We do all we can to make sure we don't post stuff that (1) You can still reasonably buy from the artist directly, (2) You can reasonably buy secondhand for cheap, (3) You can download easily elsewhere, (4) The artist(s) asks us not to for any reason. Rips will include our own personal rips, old scene rips, and random web rips.

Friday, October 23, 2020

AndrRomak (Andrre & Roma) - Life Up There (2006)

 


 

So here we are again at the end of the week! As promised, to myself and all of you, I'm taking a step back this week and offering another download. It's down to the wire though, and I'm down to my proprietary algorithmic method of determining which fossil to post. After making it most of the way down the A's on my iTunes I came up with this.

I don't know if this is a real release. It does have a track from James P. Honey that is as far as I know unique to this EP so I assume it must be real, but the files are all mixed up and labeled like it was compiled by one of Andrre's many many fans. There is a lot of cool stuff on here though, and after I share a bit of background you can listen and find out what.

Roma's the DJ(ish) Andrre's the rapper(ish). One produces lush and haunting beats with a reliance on natural instruments such as keys and strings versus the far more common these days electronic spacey "trippy" sounds, the other raps and sings with a Quebecois accent that sounds like it lost a fight with a few cartons of Marlboros. I love both of them, and they work exceptionally well together. Andrre has some solo work as well as a full length album as AndrRomak out on Milled Pavement. Get it now.

Side note, Staplemouth of New Cocoon was supposed to do a project with Roma I believe. I heard a few tracks and found them frankly amazing so I hope that may still happen (hint hint).

Whether or not this release is a legitimate product of the names it bears, it's dope and I saw it first during my proprietary, absolutely not alphabetical scrolling based search of iTunes, so it's what y'all get for today.


DOWNLOAD

 

No comments:

Post a Comment