Underground Fossils is run by Dimxsk and often by Trylemma, who is on a hip hop spiritual journey in the Himalayas and may not be back for a bit. Posts are every Friday, usually some quality old sh*t but sometimes promotional posts or "reviews". We do all we can to make sure we don't post stuff that (1) You can still reasonably buy from the artist directly, (2) You can reasonably buy secondhand for cheap, (3) You can download easily elsewhere, (4) The artist(s) asks us not to for any reason. Rips will include our own personal rips, old scene rips, and random web rips.

Friday, July 3, 2020

K-the-I??? + DJ Shortrock - Hibernation Experiment (2004)





Welcome welcome back to UGF's Friday Fossil thingy. For today I've chosen this weird little rarity from way back in 2004 by K-the-I??? and Paramanu's own Shortrock, Hibernation Experiment.

Anyone who's been listening to indie rap for a while knows K-the-I??? and his signature question marks. An intelligent and verbose rapper who's stream of consciousness word salad rhymes are often bolstered by his eerie and discordant production style to create a bad acid trip version of hip hop in my experience totally unique. He's put out a huge number of albums and as far as I can tell this one is the rarest.

Shortrock is probably best known for going a little nuts with the cuts although we can forgive him for that because like K himself, his style helps make his music a completely unique and unforgettable experience.

Enjoy Hibernation Experiment, and don't forget to laugh a bit if you're American over the last track. Remember when the Dubya was embarassing? Ha. Maybe listen to it and contemplate where we came from and where we're going this Independence Day, and why our colony wanted to get out of the British Empire. And DEFINITELY vote in November please.




Also Bandcamp is doing their revenue sharing thing again today, so buy your favorite artists music and know they really are benefiting from each and every dollar.

5 comments:

  1. Nice! Didn't know this existed! The K-the-I??? & Shortrock album on Shadowarchives from 2006 is amazing. Some of his best vocal stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah dude I actually just heard that one for the first time the other day, it's why I upped this one. You'll enjoy this if you liked that. Near perfect collabo for sure!

      Delete
  2. I was supposed to meet up with this dude last month when I was in Boston, and HE FXCKIN' STOOD ME UP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dunno what happened to dude. I had spoken to him a few days prior and told him I was traveling. Maybe later in the year.

    ReplyDelete